Just Imagine

Feeling chatty?

Welcome to my blog! Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and read what's on my mind. I've a vicious sense of humor, an apprecation for romance and a mad addiction to writing.

Friday, January 31, 2014

"Love Can Begin With Reverie..." Interview with Alexander of In Her Dreams.



Welcome to day two of A Writer’s Mind’s, End of Week Character Blowout! Yesterday, I interviewed Evangeline, the heroine from Katherine Givens', In Her Dreams. Today, I’ll be chatting with her hero, Alexander. So sit back, relax and read on. But before we begin, let's learn a bit more about this novella...

Her heart belongs to an alluring, golden-haired gentleman, perfect in every way...except one: he doesn’t exist.

Angela Vernon is everything a proper, well-brought-up woman should be. She knows her place and understands society’s expectations — which include not being jealous of her sister and not coveting her sister’s suitor. But how can she bear the heartache of watching the only man she loves marry not only her sister, but a woman who doesn’t see past his exterior to the man he is beneath?

On to the Interview!


SKY:  Alexander, tell us a little bit about you.

ALEXANDER: What is there to tell? I am guarded. Sometimes prone to bouts of loneliness, but I am a man like any other. 

SKY:   Remembering the moment you first laid eyes on Evangeline, what thoughts come to mind?

ALEXANDER: Evangeline, the first person to breech my solitude for years. I was utterly enchanted by her, for I had never seen a woman with such fire. Such zeal. Her chin was stubbornly set. Her eyes wide with amazement. She was beautiful.

SKY:   She has one trait you adored from the start. What is it? Hands down, she appreciates one of your traits…what do you think that is?

ALEXANDER: Knowing Evangeline, she is proud of the fact she is the remedy to my one vulnerability. My loneliness. Despite her stubbornness and hotheadedness, Evangeline has one of the kindest hearts. She is willing to do anything for the ones she loves, which I absolutely respect and admire. 

SKY:  She has one trait you’d change if you could. What is it? You figure there’s probably a trait she might want to change about you… care to share?

ALEXANDER: Her lack of faith in my assurances that one day we will be together in every respect. I swear it will happen if it is the last thing I do, for I know she loathes the one thing keeping us apart. My dream-like state. Our dream-like state. 

SKY:  Ah, love is in the air. What is the single most romantic thing you’ve done for her? 

ALEXANDER: Promising to be with her forever and always. 

SKY:  She has a feature that draws your eye every time. Care to share? She can’t stare at you enough… but where is she staring? Now’s the time to gloat about your thick head of hair. *Sky sniggers* Truth! Do you think it’s your eyes? Chest? Etc.

ALEXANDER: Her lips. Her lips thin whenever she dwells on her worries. My first reaction is to try and kiss away her concern, her pain. As for me, I’d say it is my golden hair. She often compares my hair to the mane of a lion, the king of the pride. I am not certain if I should be flattered or offended by the comparison…

SKY:   How do you think (heroine’s name) would answer the following…  Our favorite thing to do together is…?

ALEXANDER: Exploring my library. I have a cache of books we poured over at the beginning of our relationship, but as of late we’ve abandoned the dusty tomes for talk of where our lives are heading… What did Evangeline say?

SKY:  You and Evangeline don’t see eye to eye on what issue?

ALEXANDER: One day being together beyond our dreams, the doubtful minx. 

SKY:   She said one thing to you that you’ll never forget. What was it? 

ALEXANDER:  “I think I love you.” Ha! Evangeline has a knack for poetry, does she not? I am absolutely certain of my love for her, yet she is now coming to terms with her own sentiments for me… Pardon me, Sky, but I must be off. This chat was delightful, but I am in need of rest.

SKY: Wonderful interview! Thanks for joining me today.

Learn more about author Katherine Givens in A Writer's Mind's, Midweek Meet and Greet.

Visit Katherine Givens


No comments: