Just Imagine

Feeling chatty?

Welcome to my blog! Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and read what's on my mind. I've a vicious sense of humor, an apprecation for romance and a mad addiction to writing.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

"He Came to Her in a Dream..." Interview with Angela Vernon of In Her Dreams.




Welcome! You’ve arrived just in time to enjoy an End of the Week Character Blowout. Today and tomorrow, I’ll be interviewing the hero and heroine from Katherine Givens, In Your Dreams. It’s always interesting to see how well the couples from some of your favorite books really know one another. Today, we’ll chat with Evangeline Vernon, then tomorrow, the object of her affections, Alexander. Before we get started, let's learn a bit more about this Regency Romance Novella...

Her heart belongs to an alluring, golden-haired gentleman, perfect in every way...except one: he doesn’t exist.

Angela Vernon is everything a proper, well-brought-up woman should be. She knows her place and understands society’s expectations — which include not being jealous of her sister and not coveting her sister’s suitor. But how can she bear the heartache of watching the only man she loves marry not only her sister, but a woman who doesn’t see past his exterior to the man he is beneath?

Time to Interview!


SKY:  Evangeline, Tell us a little bit about you.

EVANGELINE: Oh, where do I begin? My family is pressing me to encourage the Duke of Manchester, the most boring gentleman to ever grace the ton, in what I consider to be a mockery of a courtship. I am nearing spinsterhood, you see. Snagging myself a duke would be impressive for a woman of my status, but I suspect my dearest sister is in love with Manchester! I haven’t a clue how to act. And, besides… my own heart belongs to another.

SKY:   Remembering the moment you first laid eyes on Alexander, what thoughts come to mind?

EVANGELINE: Alexander? He was the most tempting creature I’d ever beheld. His eyes were the most remarkable shade of green, his gaze searing my skin. As striking as he was, I sensed an aura of loneliness about him. He was…melancholy, and a part of me wanted to discover why. But, I told myself, I was only dreaming.

SKY:   He has one trait you adored from the start. What is it? You know without doubt he appreciates one of your traits. Share what you think that is.

EVANGELINE: I adore his rigid composure isn’t so fallible. A part of him is vulnerable…to me. And I think he adores I am aware of this vulnerability.

SKY:  He has one trait you’d change if you could. What is it? Oh yeah, there’s a trait you know he’d change about you…fess up!

EVANGELINE: Alexander would prefer I wasn’t so elusive. The trait I’d change is his nonexistence! Lord, sometimes I wish my dreams were not more enticing than reality. *Sigh* Sorry for my little outburst there. It is only… Never mind. I do not wish to burden you with my life’s complications… You were saying?

SKY:  Ah, love is in the air. What is the single most romantic thing he’s done for you?

EVANGELINE: Alexander once swooped me into his arms and promised to find me. He would never quit trying to carry our love outside the realm of dreams and into reality. The greatest gift he could ever give me is himself. I only hope he comes through, even if I am skeptical.  

SKY:  He has a feature that draws your eye every time. Care to share? His eye constantly roams to a particular part of your person. Tell, tell!

EVANGELINE: Ooh. I do love this question. His feature I adore is, as I said previously, his lonely, green eyes. Alexander’s gaze is always attracted to my lips, for I think he cannot last too long without a kiss!

SKY:   How do you think Alexander would answer the following…  Our favorite thing to do together is…?

EVANGELINE: Lord, I am blushing. I think our favorite pastime is typical of any blossoming couple. How do I put this delicately? Exploring one another’s…persons?

SKY:  You and Alexander just don’t see eye to eye on what issue?

EVANGELINE: Ever being united with one another. He has a knack for hope. I, on the other hand, might only maintain hope if I have a plan to enact, and I am currently unaware of his.

SKY:   He said one thing to you that you’ll never forget. What was it?

EVANGELINE:  Simple. He once said to me, “You have been vital to my life, my dreams, for these past few months. Without you I fear I would not know how to live.” Goodness. (Evangeline fans herself.) I think I need to lie down and take a nap. Thank you for the wonderful chat, but I need to become lost in my dreams.

SKY: Great interview! It’s been a pleasure having you over.

Learn more about author Katherine Givens in her Midweek Meet and Greet.

Be sure to swing back in tomorrow to check out Alexander’s interview!

Visit Katherine Givens


No comments: