Just Imagine

Just Imagine

Feeling chatty?

Welcome to my blog! Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and read what's on my mind. I've a vicious sense of humor, an apprecation for romance and a mad addiction to writing.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Sexy Supernatural Love Triangle! Interview With Roxanne Rhoads- Hex and the Single Witch.


 
Today it’s my pleasure to welcome over talented author, Roxanne Rhoads. Not only is Roxanne multi-published but she owns Bewitching Book Tours, Fang-tastic Books and Roxanne’s Realm. In celebration of Roxanne’s latest release, Hex and the Single Witch (Vehicle City Vampires-Book One), I’ll be hosting an interview. 
Before I get started, BIG news! Roxanne will be running a tour-long MEGA giveaway that includes multiple prizes. Check out the swag...
Prize Pack 1: A Fang-tastic Tote Bag, glow in the dark gloves, a Bewitching Charm bracelet (made by BookSwag Shop), , Bewitching Broom pen, mini witch hat notebook and various book swag from Bewitching authors. Open to US Shipping Only
Prize Pack 2: Bewitching Charm bookmark (made by BookSwag Shop), Bewitching Broom pen, mini witch hat notebook and various book swag from Bewitching authors. Open to US Shipping Only
Prize Pack 3: Bewitching necklace (made by paragraphic), Bewitching Broom pen, mini witch hat notebook and various book swag from Bewitching authors. Open to US Shipping Only
Prize 4: $10 Amazon Gift Card delivered digitally. Open internationally
Prize 5 (with 5 winners): 5 ecopies of Hex and the Single Witch. Open internationally
Want in? Then be sure to enter the Rafflecopter at the end of this post!
Let's learn a little bit about Hex and the Single Witch then it's interview time.
Hex and the Single Witch (Vehicle City Vampires- Book One) by Roxanne Rhoads is a Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy published by Bewitching Books.

Word Count: 83,000
Smashwords   

Book Description

Anwyn Rose is descended from a long line of powerful witches yet she can barely cast spells young witchlings have mastered. She has one functioning witch gift, the power of knowing, which she puts to good use as a Detective on Flint’s Preternatural Investigation Team.
It’s a new era in Vehicle City, supernaturals are running the town.
The P.I.T has their hands full with paranormal crimes. Top priority is a serial killer, who appears to be a vampire, draining young women in the city.
Anwyn is on the case with her sexy partner Detective Mike Malone. Complicating things is her relationship Galen, a vampire who looks more guilty than innocent, although Anwyn trusts her instincts even if her power is on the fritz.
Mysterious spells, compromising situations, and a possible demon on the loose make it hard to focus on the case, but Anwyn has to make things right before the human police execute the wrong vampire.
Hex and the Single Witch contains magick, a little bit of mystery, a lot of supernatural mayhem, and a sexy love triangle that will leave you wanting more. 

Interview

SKY:  Welcome, Roxanne! Hex and the Single Witch sounds like my kind of read. What inspired you to write this book?

ROXANNE:  The original background for the story came to me while I was driving through downtown Flint one day. After leaving the main strip of Saginaw Street that is the “downtown” area, many places look like ghost towns. Businesses are boarded up, empty, and falling apart. Houses are even worse off. There are entire neighborhoods in and around Flint that are completely or almost completely empty. Out of fifty houses two may still have residents. That’s scary on so many different levels.
Suddenly an idea popped into my head- “what if, after all the humans left, Others started moving in?”
And the basic back story to my series came to life. Flint, Michigan becomes a hotbed of supernatural activity. Ghosts, ghouls, vampires, demons and were-creatures move in making the human population the minority.
 
SKY:  How did you come up with the title?
ROXANNE:  I wanted something fun and catchy that fit with the story. I went through a long list (I have a notebook where I jot down possible titles) and then added to it with ideas. Hex and the Single Witch is finally what I settled on.
SKY:  If you could spend an hour in real life with one of your characters, who would it be and why?
ROXANNE:  Mike Malone. Read the story you’ll understand. LOL.
SKY:  Tell us about your book cover and how it relates to your story.
ROXANNE:  The backdrop of the cover is an actual image of downtown Flint- brick paved Saginaw Street, the lighted arches…it’s all in the book. A local photographer, David C Lucas took the photograph and allowed me to use it as the backdrop for the cover. Then Dawne Dominique put everything together and created the finished product along with the custom series logo design for Vehicle City Vampires based on the actual arches that grace downtown Flint.
SKY:  Are you currently working on another story? If so, we’d love some details.
ROXANNE:  Book Two in the Vehicle City Vampires series will pick up directly where Hex and the Single Witch leaves off. Some loose ends from book one will be tied up and more secrets revealed.
SKY:  What sort of personality does your hero have?
ROXANNE:  Well we have a triangle in this book so in a way there are two heroes though one shines as the hero (Malone) and the other (Galen)…he’s more of the anti-hero right now though he may step up to the plate in book two. So I’ll describe Malone. He’s your typical hot cop, all American guy next door. He’s gorgeous but a little rough around the edges. And being a cop he definitely has a hero complex and loves nothing more than to save the damsel in distress. Sometimes he comes off as an ass and a lech but underneath the hard exterior he’s a very sweet guy.
SKY:  What sort of personality does your heroine have?
ROXANNE:  Anwyn is the girl that never really fit in. Being a witch in a world of humans made her feel left out especially when her grandmother didn’t want her immersed in the world of Others either. Her father was killed when she was young, her mother checked out of reality when he died and her grandmother raised her though her focus was on Anwyn’s mom. So Anwyn was often left to fend for herself. To add insult to injury her magic never quite formed so her power is not “legendary” like that of her mother’s or grandmother’s.
This created a lost and empty feeling inside Anwyn that she’s been trying to fill for a long time. Being part of the P.I.T. Crew is a way for her to fill that void, but even there she doesn’t always feel like she fits in.
SKY:  Tell us about your favorite writing environment. Is it indoors, outdoors, a special room, etc.
ROXANNE:  I have a corner in my bedroom that is my “office”. I am surrounded by my things and I can look out upon the woods behind my house. It’s great because sometimes I just stare at nature…the birds, the squirrels, the leaves…and contemplate what’s next in the story.
SKY:  What sources do you use for research?
ROXANNE:  Anything and everything. Internet, books…The local library knows me by name and when they see me come in they have my stack of books that I ordered online ready for me. I am true nerd. I have my library card number memorized (but I don’t even know my driver’s license number LOL)
SKY:  It’s time to promo. What is your favorite marketing tool?
ROXANNE:  Oh the wonderful world wide web is amazing. 24/7 promo available all over the world. Facebook is my number one tool for connecting to everyone. It helped me launch my business and is my number source of networking connections and promotion.
SKY:  How long have you been writing? How long have you been published?
ROXANNE:  I was born with a pen in my hand. I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I was on the school newspaper staff, college paper; my first poems were published when I was 11…so I’ve been writing a long time.
SKY:  What genre/genres do you prefer to write? Are there other genres you’d like to write in the future?
ROXANNE:  I have written everything over the years- poetry, non-fiction, essays, newspaper articles, magazine articles, erotica, erotic romance…but I love paranormal romance the most.
SKY:  Do you prefer to write short stories, novellas or novels? Why?
ROXANNE:  Short stories are my favorite to write because I can churn them out in one sitting. I like to be able to complete something fast and check it off my to-do list. Novels take forever for me to write.
SKY:  If you could make changes to a story you’ve already written, which would it be and why?
ROXANNE:  I would add more humor to showcase the witty witch hiding inside Anwyn. I hope this will shine in future books as her character develops and becomes surer of herself.
SKY:  Thanks for joining me today, Roxanne. Wishing you much success always! 

About the Author

Story strumpet, tome loving tart, eccentric night owl...these words describe book publicist and erotic romance author Roxanne Rhoads.
When not fulfilling one the many roles being a wife and mother of three require, Roxanne's world revolves around words...reading them, writing them, editing them, and talking about them. In addition to writing her own stories she loves to read, promote and review what others write.
Roxanne is the owner of Bewitching Book Tours and operates Fang-tastic Books, a book blog dedicated to paranormal and urban fantasy books.
When not reading, writing, or promoting Roxanne loves to hang out with her family, craft, garden and search for unique vintage finds.

Visit Roxanne Rhoads Online

Twitter @RoxanneRhoads 
Roxanne can also be found on Linked InGoodreads and Google+


5 comments:

Debby said...

Hes and the Single Witch is amazing so far. The cover is fantastic. Best of Luck to you (and to me)
debby236 at gmail dot com

marybelle said...

I'm looking forward to reading HEX AND THE SINGLE WITCH. Love the title & I love witches.

Mary P

Becky said...

Great interview! Hex and the Single Witch sounds really good and I am looking forward to reading it. I love the cover.

beckyqward@gmail.com

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Thank you for hosting the interview Sky and thank you to those who dropped by- good luck on the giveaway ;-)

Sky Purington said...

It was a pleasure having you over, Roxanne. Wishing you many, many sales!

Debby, Marybelle and Becky, thanks for joining us! :-)