Just Imagine

Feeling chatty?

Welcome to my blog! Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and read what's on my mind. I've a vicious sense of humor, an apprecation for romance and a mad addiction to writing.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lá Fhéile Pádrai! 100% Pure Celtic Fun.


Four Days and Counting…

At this blog between now and March 14th, it’s all about the build-up to St. Patrick’s Day. Though I claim a few nationalities as my own, one in particular is part of my upbringing… that’d be the Irish!

Yep, I grew up on dishes such as corned beef, roasted potatoes, and other scrumptious recipes handed down from my great grandmother from the Emerald Isle.

Not to mention I live in a part of New England that, back in its day, was the final home for many Irish immigrants. In my world, you’re bloody proud to be Irish, or you move away. *grins*

It was with my adoration of Ireland that I first began writing my MacLomain Series. My husband and I are what locals call Scotch-Irish. Sort of our own breed but accepted by most. Luckily, we come from good stock and I was able to weave a terribly romantic tale around our heritage. And yes, it was interwoven from a good run of 300 years or so in the medieval period. Gotta love those Scottish clans!

However, my husband’s clan started in  Éire (Ireland) a very long time ago. Hence my title, The King’s Druidess. My clan, the Brouns, originated in France but became a Scottish lowland clan well over a thousand years ago. The two clans became Septs and helped write history together.

Meanwhile, I had my own story to write. One about Claddagh rings, time-travel, true love and of course, MacLomains falling in love with Brouns.

Over the next few days I intend to whip out the Irish on you. After all, it’s almost Lá Fhéile Pádrai!

So....my big F.Y.I.. The King’s Druidess (The MacLomain Series- Prelude) will be FREE for FOUR days. Right up through the 'big day'. Either you're curious or you're not. Either way it's FREE. *grins* Click HERE to scoop up your copy!

For today, I’ll leave you with a famous Irish saying. One which I feel sums up my MacLomain Series…

Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireann na daoine. (Under the shelter of each other, people survive = There's strength in unity.)

Cheers,

Sky

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your culture with us.. My family is French and Chickasaw and they always insisted there was no Irish in our family.. except I look Irish, Irish eyes, that ever so loverly ruddy skin.. freckles.. and my name is Shaughnessey for pete's sake..

Turns out my natural father had a wee bit of Irish in him. So I always had an affinity towards all things Celtic I was most happy..

Shauni

Tea and Book and Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy