Just Imagine

Feeling chatty?

Welcome to my blog! Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and read what's on my mind. I've a vicious sense of humor, an apprecation for romance and a mad addiction to writing.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Winter Blog Festival! Skhye Moncrief's SWORDSONG.

Welcome! It's hard to believe that it's already February. This month is chock full of incredible authors sharing their affordable reads in my .99 CENT EBOOK WINTER BLOG FESTIVAL. Today it's my pleasure to welcome over talented romance author, Skhye Moncrief. She'll be sharing two novels from her Time Guardians series.

SWORDSONG...

Genre: Celtic Time-travel Fantasy Romance

Heat Level: Spicy

Length: full-length novel -- 93K words, 375pp in print

He's arrived to help her create the perfect bride.

He's stuck in present-day Scotland with a bent time-travel key only she, a swordsmith, can repair. Duty requires he return to his time. His ticket home relies on a lonely woman haunted by more than apparitions. Her track record with men keeps her at a distance. And ghostly events keep pushing them closer together. Earning her trust will require the kind of patience only a valiant time guardian learns during his twenty years of apprenticeship. If time-travel duty, romance, and a bit of magic don't help them realize their destiny resonates in mysterious fairy SWORDSONG, all known history could change.

Excerpt:

"No," Katie yelled and sprang into motion, lunging for the doorway.

Gods' jest. The lass pushed something over her head. Something invisible.

She flew back toward me and fell at my boots, arms scrabbling behind her for a handhold like the jointed legs of a crab.

Guinevere screeched an ear-piercing wail of a banshee.

If the ceilings held, it would be miraculous. I grabbed beneath Katie's arms and hoisted her upward as the blaring female's cacophony ricocheted off the stone walls.

I searched Katie's disturbed blue gaze focused on the doorway. "What is it?"

She shoved her heels around, trying to regain her footing. "Stop laughing, you bastard," she snarled.

Not at me. There has to be an intruder. Or spirit. In the empty doorway.

A sudden quiet moment consumed the mind-numbing reality of the dark subterranean world.

"No," Katie screeched, reached out, seemingly blocking a blow with her forearm.

What did she see?

"What is it, Katie?" Pam shouted.

Katie had to stop reacting. Trick the Seer. If she didn't look though, she won't react to the spirit. I grabbed the blonde's stiff shoulders and crushed her gaze into my chest. "There's naught there, lass."

Katie squirmed, the hardness of her head fighting my grip. "He's got a knife."

And that would matter? I scanned the doorway for a person or a hint of a glinting dirk.

Why would I expect to suddenly see the apparition? The Seer had only come for Katie.

She stilled in my arms.

Yet, her thundering heart hammered. I could try to explain. Ease her fears. But a woman of her time isn't ready to believe in Post-Modern alchemical notions. Not with Truth hounding her in an astral projection.

The air warmed about us.

Probably more the heat from the fear in the chamber than an actual rise in temperature. But a rise in temperature would note the visitation's end. "Is he gone?" I scanned the doorway.

"I couldn't possibly know. I can't see," she droned into my shirt.

Of course she can't. But better to hang onto her with a spirit afoot given her reaction. I loosened my hold enough to permit her to peer over her shoulder.

Katie scanned the whole room where I held her.

Probably uncertain whether to sigh or grab a weapon.

"He's gone," she announced.

The other females descended upon us. Their three crowns bobbed beneath my chin as the other maidens's arms grabbed Katie.

"What was it?" Guinevere simpered.

"Yes, tell us what you saw," Pam commanded.

Out of the three, the masculine maiden had the most sensible way about her. All business. Very much a Brother in behavior.

"A large man in big black boots," Katie gasped. "He laughed at us, shaking a knife over his shoulder. He was going to kill us."

"I didn't see him," Guinevere finally managed to speak plainly.

As if any of us had. "None of us did." I maintained my hold on the frightened blonde maiden.

Katie shot me a bitter scowl.

Not good. Her pinched glare of betrayal isn't the prize I expected. I'd have to salvage the little friendship we had, to gain access to her uncle's foundry. "I'm not saying you didn't, lass."

Buy On Kindle

HE OF THE FIERY SWORD

Genre: Celtick Time-travel Fantasy Romance

Heat Level: Spicy

Length: Full-length novel -- 85K words, 340pp in print

He, Arthur, is a reflection of luck, an abomination. He can feel the love, the pain, the sorrow, and the joy of all the ages. If he doesn't save the Druid he is sent to find, all known history could change. Some things are worth dying for. But first a man must live.

Arthur didn't count on becoming human. And now the fairies want him to break dragon law... He never expected his charge to push him to the edge of reason. But a man must live before becoming king.

Fear not. The fairies have a plan.

Trust not the fairies.

Druids wed one soul for eternity to protect the integrity of the timeline. Druid Solas's soul mate was taken from her. Now, an 11th Century Irish bishop stalks her to serve as his mistress. She has nothing left yet everything to live for in creating the historical maps she was sent through time to make. She will break time-travel Code if she submits to another man by allowing even one paradoxical child to muddy history. Then Arthur arrives to save her. He is anything but a time guardian. And a fairy tells her to help him. To ignore a god's instruction could prove detrimental. Yet, every time guardian knows believing the Gods is wielding a double-edged sword. Since it is forbidden for Druids to wield weapons, her future relies on He of the Fiery Sword.

King Arthur is born.

Buy On Kindle

Learn more about Skhye at her Website.

No comments: