Just Imagine

Feeling chatty?

Welcome to my blog! Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and read what's on my mind. I've a vicious sense of humor, an apprecation for romance and a mad addiction to writing.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Winter Blog Festival! P.L. Parker's FIONA.

Welcome to A Writer’s Mind’s .99 CENT EBOOK WINTER FESTIVAL! Today it’s my pleasure to feature a few of P.L. Parker’s titles.

A bit about P.L. Parker…

“I love paranormal and as a result, it's the perfect genre for me. I started seriously writing about 5 years ago and have since published 5 novels, one short, and two Free Reads, Prophecy's Bride and Songbird. I am currently working on a sequel to Into the Savage Dawn and have another manuscript, The Chalice, which I am seriously considering self-publishing.”

FIONA

Time shifts in ever changing motion. But can love survive the ravages of time?

Set against the backdrop of Ancient China, Fiona finds herself transported to a time of barbarian warriors and marauding nomads from the northern steppes. She discovers a new way of life in the arms of the handsome warrior Kellach, a man of noble stature among the Celtic settlements ringing the great Taklamakan. Desperate to return to the present while struggling against her mounting feelings, she finally accepts her fate, exulting in the rapture and delights to be found as Kellach’s mate.

High Priestess Voadicia wants Lord Kellach for her own—and only the outsider Fiona stands in her way.

EXCERPT:

Step back in time 4,000 in time, to a place where Celts shouldn’t be, yet they were!

Kellach was rooted to the spot. The woman before him was beautiful by any standard. Her huge green eyes
reflected the light from the candles and her trembling lips were lush and full. Her nose was small and straight and creamy skin graced her perfect visage. Long hair the color of silver moonbeams fell to below her waist, the sides pulled back in braids. One shoulder was bare as the shapeless gown slipped off, and the promise of full breasts tantalized his perusal. Who was she and why was she sleeping in his bed—and with a dog?

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” he growled at her. He was exhausted and, although she
interested him greatly, he wanted to sleep.

Fiona clutched the puppy tighter, he was yelling at her and too fast for her to understand. She tried to think
of something to say, but her mind wasn’t working. She remembered, “Kellach’s house,” she screamed at him.

Kellach nodded, yes, it was his house. At least they had that covered.

“Go,” she screeched and pointed to the door.

Kellach shook his head, trying to clear his mind. The woman appeared to know it was his house but was
screaming at him to go, this didn’t make sense.

Purchase FIONA at Amazon.

RILEY’S JOURNEY

The research project was only for an "extended period." No one said anything about forever! Deceived and betrayed, Riley is sent back 40,000 years to be the mate of a man she’d never before met. Her journey will take her into a world fraught with dangers—a world made more treacherous by savage beasts, primitive Neanderthals, and the incursion of the aggressive Cro-Magnon man.

Surviving alone for five years in this vast wilderness, Nathan, along with his enormous dog, Demon, carve out a life in the perilous environment. Though thrown together by forces beyond their control, Riley and Nathan nevertheless find love—but can these two lost souls survive against such overwhelming odds?

EXCERPT:

The research project was only for an extended period. No one said anything about forever.

Finally, he broke the silence. "Aren't you going to say anything?"

"What do you expect me to say? Thank you? If even a small part of what you say is true, then I'm stuck here for eternity with a guy I don't even know, in a place I hate and with no future. Yeah, I guess that comes under 'thank you!'"

She rubbed her hands across her face. This was a nightmare! And not for a minute did she believe what he told her, at least not most of it. The guy was probably crazy, but if he was crazy, she must be too, because she had seen that bunch of strange looking humans and they didn't look like any people existing in her world.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't know Bethany would go this far. I made the mistake of saying at the drop point that I didn't think I would be able to last here alone much longer. She must have heard it." His face was a mask of regret.

"And that's supposed to make it all better?"

"I don't know what else to say. I'm sorry. I wish I could change the outcome, but there's nothing I can do. Maybe, if nothing else, they'll be able to figure out a way to bend time back so we can go home."

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but one of the things I noticed while I was at the facility was that it was really understaffed and it looked like it was being closed down."

Purchase RILEY’S JOURNEY at Amazon.

Visit P.L. Parker’s Website ~ Blogspot ~ Myspace

12 comments:

P.L. Parker said...

Good Morning Sky! And thanks for hosting me today! Look forward to visiting.

P.L. Parker said...

Feeling lonely here :)

Cara Marsi said...

Patsy, great excerpts. I love Fiona and I especially love the new covers. I have Riley's Journey on my shelf. In fact, I think I have all your books. I can't wait to read them. Just need to find the time. You know I loved Absolution too. I hear you've got a new release. Is it out yet?

Mary Ricksen said...

Great Blog Patsy! Loved both stories!

Caroline Clemmons said...

Patsy, your covers are so lovely. Amd the excerpts are tempting.

P.L. Parker said...

Thanks Ladies for stopping by. Yes, Cara, I just got my edits this morning in fact for my Scifi, The Chalice. Busy weeks ahead.

Alyson Reuben said...

Awesome excerpts, Patsy! I love your book, Absolution. Such a unique vampire story! And I also adore time travels stories, so Fiona sounds right up my alley. I'll definitely add these two books to my TRP :)

blcsdina said...

On my tbb list ( to be bought list). Im a big fan! Congrats and wish you success!

P.L. Parker said...

Again, thanks everyone for stopping by. Appreciate all your support.

Cate Masters said...

Gorgeous covers, Patsy. Congrats on your re-releases!

Sky said...

Patsy, I LOVE your stories! Forgive me being late to my own blog. Life's been nuts. Got a virus on my laptop and have been trying to 'get a grip' ever since. There is no hell like a nasty cyberbug eating all of ones work!!!

P.L. Parker said...

Wanted to thank everyone once again for stopping by and commenting. Appreciate everyone's support.