Just Imagine

Feeling chatty?

Welcome to my blog! Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and read what's on my mind. I've a vicious sense of humor, an apprecation for romance and a mad addiction to writing.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Character Blowout. Terpsichore, Muse of Dance, has been Interviewed. Two Chances to Win!

Happy Thursday everyone! As many of you know, the end of the week at A Writer’s Mind often means it’s time for my Character Blowout. This fun event is all about seeing how well the characters from some of your favorite romance tales know one another.

Back in July, I welcomed over Hywela Lyn to chat about the re-release of Dancing with Fate. Regrettably, there was a death in my family and I had to cancel all remaining blog posts. Well, I’m thrilled to be able to finally share Terpsichore and Myrddin with you. These characters are absolutely delightful and I guarantee that you’ll fall in love with them as much as I did!

CONTEST ~ Be sure to comment over the next few days. Two lucky commenters will be picked to win an Ecopy of Dancing with Fate. Contest ends Sunday, November 6th 12 AM, EST.

Today, I’m welcoming over Terpsichore, Muse of Dance. Before we begin interview this intriguing muse, let’s learn a bit more about the story…

When Terpsichore, the Greek Muse of Dance, is assigned to revisit 5th Century Wales, and help the people regain their love of dancing, her task seems simple enough. She is unaware there is a hidden agenda. Before she can return to Olympus her path crosses that of the mysterious Myrddin, and her heart is lost.

But Myrddin is promised to another. His mind is set on the dangerous task that lies before him, and the woman he has sworn to save. Nevertheless, he cannot deny the growing attraction between him and the beautiful stranger he meets along the way.

Terpsichore and Myrddin face a deadly force that threatens to part them forever. Is she destined to lose the only man she has ever truly loved? Is there nothing she can do to save him? Finally, when all seems lost, in desperation she finds herself DANCING WITH FATE.

Interview time!

SKY: Tell us a little bit about yourself, Terpsichore.

TERPISCHORE: Thank you for having us and for giving us the opportunity to talk about each other – what fun!

I’m one of the nine daughters of Zeus. I inspire people to dance - I’m sure you’ve heard of me and my eight sisters. After all, we’re with you all at various times in your life even though you may not realize it. I was perfectly content with my life on Olympus, inspiring individuals, playing the lyre and dancing for Apollo our leader and my half brother, until he and my father decided to send me on a mission to 5th Century Wales. I little knew then what lay in store for me.

SKY: Ohhhh, Wales… sounds fabulous! Remembering the moment you first laid eyes on Myrddin what thoughts come to mind?

TERPSICHORE: I was dancing at the time - and I’d been bathing in the falls so I wasn’t actually wearing any clothes. I wondered how long he’d been watching me. It wasn’t that I minded, but my instructions were not to draw attention to myself, and he was staring! I also have to admit I thought he was one of the most striking and interesting mortals I’d ever seen - there was definitely something rather special about him.

SKY: He has one trait you adored from the start. What is it? You know without doubt he appreciates one of your traits. Share what you think that is.

TERPSICHORE: I love his humility - and his gentleness. He didn’t seem to realize the power he had within him at the time - and even if he did he didn’t make a song and (if you’ll exuse the pun) dance about it.

I think what he likes most about me is that I make him laugh - that and my looks I suppose, after all the daughters of Zeus are goddesses and as such very beautiful, and in all modesty, I know he couldn’t take his eyes of me when he first he saw me. (Of course I was naked at the time which might have had something to do with it, *Grin*.)

SKY: He has one trait you’d change if you could. What is it? Oh yeah, there’s a trait you know he’d change about you…fess up!

TERPSHICHORE: He’s pretty near perfect in my eyes – but he can be a bit over protective at times, even now. He’s not exactly bossy but he does try to stop me from doing things on the spur of the moment, not that I take much notice of course, I’m a muse!

SKY: Ah, love is in the air. What is the single most romantic thing he’s done for you?

TERPSHICORE: He was nearly killed trying to protect me, can’t get more romantic than that!

SKY: He has a feature that draws your eye every time. Care to share? His eye constantly roams to a particular part of your person. Tell, tell!

TERPSICHORE: My eyes are always drawn to his eyes. They are the most subtle shade of blue, like Aegean sea beneath the softest summer sky – oh and his voice, it still sends shivers of delight through me, so rich and mellow. For him, I suppose it’s my hair, it’s really long, you see, down to my feet and he loves to run his hands through it.

SKY: How do you think Myrddin would answer the following… Our favorite thing to do together is…?

TERPSHICHORE: *Giggle* You mean besides the obvious? Well, dancing together of course, I’ve taught him steps he’d never even heard of before. Apart from that we love riding the horses, Sal and Harri, and racing each other across the Elyssian fields, and afterwards bathing in the Spring of Hippocrene together before – well you get the picture!

SKY: You and Myrddin just don’t see eye to eye on what issue?

TERPSICHORE: There aren’t many things we don’t agree on, although I don’t think he really approves of me bathing naked in the falls if there’s anyone else around. He doesn’t mind if it’s just him of course, but he’s never really got used to the fact that we Greeks are proud of our bodies and enjoy showing them off!

SKY: He said one thing to you that you’ll never forget. What was it?

TERPSICHORE: He told me: “I love you, with all my heart and soul, more than life itself.” What woman or goddess wouldn’t want to hear those words?

What a fabulous interview! I can’t wait to hear what Myrddin has to say tomorrow!

Can't wait? Purchase Dancing with Fate HERE.

Visit Lyn’s Website ~ Blog ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Myspace

Best Always

~Sky

13 comments:

Sky Purington said...

Great interview, Terpsichore! Such a truly wonderful story. (AKA-Lyn) :-)

Author Roast and Toast said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hywela Lyn said...

Sky thank you so much for having me (and my author) here with you today on your lovely blog. I feel right at home here and look forward to a little 'girl chat'before my beloved arrives!

T

Sharon Donovan said...

Hello, Sky, Lyn and Terpsichore, fascinating interview. Love is certainly in the falls! Dancing With Fate is a tale of romance that is well worth the read. Hugs to all,

Sharon
Sharon Donovan
Romantic Suspense with a Twist of Faith

www.sharonadonovan.com
sharonad@comcast.net

Hywela Lyn said...

Thanks so much Sharon, dear friend, you are always so kind and supportive!

P.L. Parker said...

Hi Ladies - snuck in here during work - shhhhhhhh! Wonderful getting to know Terpsichore, but then she and I have met before *wink*
One of my favorites of the Muses!

Hywela Lyn said...

Hello Patsy, how lovely of you to visit, my friend, and what a nice compliment (I won't tell my sisters, *grin*)

T

Sky Purington said...

Oh, wait until you read Myrddin's interview, Terpsichore. What a wonderful man! ;-)

Sky Purington said...

Sharon, always wonderful to see you! It's been too long, my friend. Really looking forward to having you over during my Christmas blog event. We're all going to have so much fun!!! (((cyberhugs)))

Sky Purington said...

Thanks for joining us, Patsy! I know you love the Muse of Dance as much as me. Terpsichore is indeed one of a kind.

Looking forward to having you over during the Christmas event as well! :-)

Alisha said...

Sorry I'm late, Lyn! What a great interview and a story I love! Big hugs to you across the pond. ;)

Sky Purington said...

Alisha! Slowly but surely we're bringing together the original 'muse' sisters. TY for stopping by, sister! I can't wait until all the stories are re-launched. :-)

Hywela Lyn said...

Hi Alisha my friend (Lyn here, I managed to get Terpsichore to let me back into my account for a moment)
As Sky says, it's great to see another of the Muse sisters here, hope all is well with you!