Just Imagine

Feeling chatty?

Welcome to my blog! Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and read what's on my mind. I've a vicious sense of humor, an apprecation for romance and a mad addiction to writing.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Romancing February...

Thanks for popping in…you’ve landed at ground zero ‘Sky’s in a loving mood’ blogspot. As many of you may know, I’m part of the Romancing February blog event finding its heartfelt way through cyberspace. There have been so many great topics and super giveaways thus far I can only hope that I measure up. These romance writers know how to throw a blog event!


As you know if you’ve been here before, amongst other things, I’m a big softie when it comes to matters of the heart. Be it promoting charity for those less fortunate… promoting healthcare awareness, and of course…promoting good romance stories.

So, naturally, thinking along these lines I thought to give away one grand prize. The first part of the prize will consist of a print copy of books one and two in my trilogy, Fate’s Monolith and Destiny’s Denial. The second, and most important, will be a $25 dollar donation to the Boston Heart Foundation from me in your name. I know, the second aspect of this prize strays a bit from what we all think about when we think ‘Valentines’ but technically, it's a few days after Valentine's! I lost a dear family member to a cardiac event and would like to help promote research in the area.

What do you need to do to enter and qualify for this prize? Simple. Share an event that touched your heart. It can be something romantic or it can be a moment with someone you hold dear, a child, a friend, grandparent, just as long as it touched your heart. If nothing comes to mind, I'd even love to hear about a particular book you've read that touched your heart like no other.

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines and that the sentiment stays with you throughout the year. Remember, on February 28th, one person will be awarded the grand prize of a $75 WRP gift certificate. All you have to do to enter the grand prize contest is make a list of each author in this blog event and name one title she has available. Submit your list to http://us.mc632.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=Christmasrideblog@live.com by midnight CST, February 27, 2009. The winner will be announced on February 28th--just in time to warm up that person's February.

Check this blog tomorrow to find out who won my contest!

Don’t forget, this heartfelt blog event doesn’t stop here. Be sure to check out http://chellehicks.blogspot.com/ tomorrow, it’s bound to warm your heart even more!


Until next time.
Sky

6 comments:

housemouse88 said...

Sky, You almost brought me to tears thinking about your donation to the Heart Assoc.. I lost my father, Robert Huffman, in 1992 to a massive heart attack. If I was to win, please put his name instead of mine. Honoring him would be honoring me. The only love story I can think of right now. Is the love me and my father shared. Even though there were difficulties due to my mother (They were divorced.), I knew he always loved me til the end. Missing him is the hardest part. I do have my memories though.
Have a great day. I hope you get a lot of responses.

Skhye said...

Great post! I don't think anything can be a charitable donation. :)

Beth Caudill said...

Moments that touch my heart are seeing my kids sleeping. I know you're supposed to love your kids all the time but sometimes during the day...you forget. But when they are sleeping, it's an instant ahh isn't that sweet moment.

As for books...in anticipation of an upcoming release, I've been rereading my Anne Bishop Dark Jewels series books. These are Dark Fantasy and may contain some content not for everyone. But even though I've read them a bunch of times...they still make me cry.

Babyblue22 said...

So when I was little I remember my grandmother and I used to fight like cats and dogs and then be like two peas in a pod the next, despite that everyone always said I was her favorite :-). Maybe I was, she was definitely my favorite. She had diabetes and was sick off and on for a few years, then she got really sick and was hospitalized and had surgery, after her surgery she was disorientated for a few weeks and she didn't remember who I was. It was so disheartening. So one day I got stuck babysitting and couldn't get to the hospital in time for visiting hours and when my mom came home she told me that my grandmother asked for me by name and wanted to know when I was going to come and visit her. That night she passed away peacefully in her sleep. It was really hard to get over the fact that I didn't see her that night. However in time I've come to feel comforted by the fact that I was on her mind, It really touched me that she remembered and asked for me in the end, it shows me how much she loved me.
So that's my story, now excuse me as I go take a trip down memory lane my grandmother :-)
~Afshan

Debby said...

Good Morning Sky, A time that touched my heart was when one sister was in trouble and the other was inthe bedroom telling her how to get out of trouble. It was so cute

Hywela Lyn said...

Hello Sky

I'm sorry I missed visiting yesterday, I was away all day at a trde show and didn't get back until late. I'm so sorry to hear you lost someone dear to you but what a wonderful tribute and way to remmember them with the donation prize. Fate's Monolith and Destiny's Denial are both amazing books and I know your lucky prizewinner will love them, as well as being honoured with your generous donation to the BHF.

Wonderful post!