Just Imagine

Feeling chatty?

Welcome to my blog! Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and read what's on my mind. I've a vicious sense of humor, an apprecation for romance and a mad addiction to writing.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch


Hi everyone! I just got back from Vermont and had a great time visiting with my family. While I was there I started reading a book my sister gave me many months ago titled The Last Lecture. Why did it take me so long to read it? I'll be honest. The author, Randy Pausch, was dying of cancer. There has been so much cancer in my family over the last fifteen years that I suppose I just shied away from this book because of that. Mind you, this book has nothing to do with cancer, but inspiration and dreams. I wish I had started reading it sooner. I'm halfway through The Last Lecture now and I am beyond impressed with what this man had to say.

Today's post is dedicated to the late Randy Pausch and his family, may all of those in the world become as inspired by his words as I have. Below I've quoted from the main page of his website. Beneath that you'll find a link to his website. Take a moment and check it out. It's worth more than most of the things you will find on the internet.

From his website....

"On September 18, 2007, computer science professor Randy Pausch stepped in front of an audience of 400 people at Carnegie Mellon University to deliver a last lecture called “Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams.” With slides of his CT scans beaming out to the audience, Randy told his audience about the cancer that is devouring his pancreas and that will claim his life in a matter of months. On the stage that day, Randy was youthful, energetic, handsome, often cheerfully, darkly funny. He seemed invincible. But this was a brief moment, as he himself acknowledged.

Randy’s lecture has become a phenomenon, as has the book he wrote based on the same principles, celebrating the dreams we all strive to make realities. Sadly, Randy lost his battle to pancreatic cancer on July 25th, 2008, but his legacy will continue to inspire us all, for generations to come."

Please, take a moment of your time and visit http://www.thelastlecture.com/

Thanks so much for stopping in.
Sky




No comments: